by TS Caladan
I’ve weeded out hundreds of truly remarkable and breathtaking HD drone flights available on YouTube for the following reasons:
- Biggest annoyance to me when I discovered such natural majesty on YT were the damn commercials. What else? Of course, nowadays, we must suffer the forced ads that break in on YouTube. But I’m talking about ads by the bloggers or companies themselves that produce these beautiful, colorful films: wonders of nature that are supposed to relax us, the viewing audience. We’re supposed to meditate with the sounds and visuals. Well how can you relax in visual-Nirvana when you are (like TV) bombarded with graphics placed on films? We’re supposed to ESCAPE to a dreamlike world away from media and advertising with “meditation” videos and “meditation” music…not be SOLD~ A few filmers break in with large ads to show their work. Some like ‘Lounge V’ will have their name plastered on the screen over top spectacular nature scenes, but not in every case. One called ‘Soothing’ has to have ‘Soothing’ printed in the corner. Same with ‘NATURE RELAXATION’ always on screen. Do you have to tell us in large letters? Can’t you let us decide with a clear picture, untainted by graphics? Wouldn’t that be best if you cared about the tranquility of viewers? You will find many incredible scenes, topography that will blow your mind – but so often, a small logo or a word will remain in the corner. I’ve collected here a few of the very best that do not have these distractions.
- Quick cuts. Why? Makes no sense. Large number of drone flights hit you with sights your eyes won’t believe, then suddenly jerk you to another great scene in 3 seconds? Or 5 seconds or 10? “Hey, I was just getting into that! I wanted to see more. Who’s editing this? Stop cutting. Let’s see the whole trip; send it to top of the mountain or across the entire lake.”
- Another thing that upsets me (nothing in a meditation video should upset anyone) is REPEATS. You’re watching an extraordinary “2-hour” or “3-hour” film you believe, only to find 20 minutes in that you’ve watched it before. They’ll extend a 15-minute film to hours in length by repeating. I think these super visuals are far more important than any easy-listening sound attached to them. Stop repeating.
- There are plenty of long, static vids for meditation that go for hours. The beach, land, forest stay put and the ocean, waterfall or stream move and make water sounds. Or dark videos for falling asleep to ocean waves. I like the SOARING DRONES best over fabulous scenery and that’s what I have in this collection.
- Final complaint about the usual mediation-video is they’ll have close-ups. Close-ups? Why? Just a few leaves or a plant or droplets in water? Or happy people? I’d rather see the panorama flying over a mountain lake. Maybe they are emphasizing the calming soundtrack-effect and not the visual-effect? Anyway, the following drone flights are amazing journeys over our beautiful planet that will also relax your mind, please your eyes, drop your blood pressure and calm your soul. See them on a big screen:
Flight with Relaxing Music – 4K Video-Drone
Nearly 20 minutes of a Caribbean island paradise in Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata. Clean beaches, blue/turquoise ocean and soft, dreamy music. The drone swoops over beautiful, white buildings along the coast, ships in the harbor, inland and out to sea.
Heloy wrote: “If dreams made sense, they wouldn’t be dreams. If life were easy, it would not be life, it would be a dream…”
The Secret Beach in Ultra HD – 4K Video
More than 2 hours of paradise without human habitation. Drone glides along colorful coast with orange beaches in some areas. Lovely music. So sad commercials have to break in~
Lounge V wrote: “‘The Secret Beach’ is a 4K Video Ultra HD with beautiful views and relaxing music assembled from the sequence of drone footage captured during our trip to Samana peninsula. We are proud to show you the hidden gem of the Dominican Republic. Untouched by civilization, located in a remote place, this wild beach is so unique and beautiful, my words can never describe this experience of a lifetime.”
Fly Away to a Tropical Island! – 4K Video Ultra HD
More than an hour flight over natural perfection: inhabited shores of Hispanola (Dominican Republic).
Danielle wrote: “If I took a vacation there, I’d never want to leave. I’d live off the grid on an island like this and die in paradise.”
Unbelievable Beauty – 4K Video (Ultra HD)
1-hour flight over Hispanola. Fantastic colors and scenery. Meditative music, nice. In this video, you see a rarity: drone goes down right above beach and you see its shadow.
Skemson wrote: “Love the long takes with straight forward flying! I could watch it forever, feeling like I’m actually there floating over the tree tops and beautiful beach.”
Lakes and Volcanoes UK – Ultra Video
Really good music and extraordinary scenery for 96 minutes!
Lounge V wrote: “…Chillstep study music by one of our favorite artists ‘Sappheiros’ was shot in Southern Chile last week…wonderful trip full of beautiful landscape discoveries and unexpected surprises.”
DUBAI by DRONE – FULL LENGTH – 4K + Ambient Relaxation Music
Find out how very rich people live. Think Middle-East is filled with mud-huts and poverty? Think again. Take a 20-minute flight over Dubai and it’s like you’ve been transported into the future! Fantastic structures, clean cities, amazing!
Morning Peace-432 Hz Morning Music For Positive Vibes
Two hours of slow drone travel and around truly marvelous scenery. Ice flows, glacier, ocean, lakes, phenomenal colors over stunning terrain. Scenes do repeat. Background music: slow, twangy-guitar with low, haunting rhythm [tension?].
Aura Relax Library wrote: “Using 432Hz is extremely relaxing. The music with the frequency is perceived to fill an entire space rather than traveling in a single line or direction. Aligning the voice with the frequency will yield a powerful and unified resonant effect.”
Earth’s Most Beautiful Places – HD 1080p Video with Nature Sounds
8 HOURS & not a drone-flight video: Long, stationary filming of some of the most superb places on Earth. No music, all nature sounds, not piped in. There’s not much repeated like other videos. Worth a peek.
Pyramid Giza Egypt 4K mavic pro drone (part 2/2 )
Ever want to take a little flight over the pyramids at Giza on a magic carpet? That’s what it’s like with this 8-minute long video. Hope others investigate ancient sites by drones. Views never seen before.
ORBIT – A Journey Around Earth in Real Time – Remastered [ 4K ]
Ever want to orbit Earth? ‘Orbit’ is a real-time video reconstruction of time-lapse photography taken from the International Space Station.’ Good music. 92 mins.
Ausangate Trek and Rainbow Mountain by drone | Peru 4k
Joshua wrote: “I filmed this entire [8 minute] video…while trekking in the Peruvian Andes…Ausangate with rainbow mountain was most definitely the most spectacular trek I have ever done…Every single day brought new, breathtaking scenery and made it a paradise for film and photography. Between towering glacier-covered peaks of Ausanagate and the rest of the Vilcanota range, incredible colors of turquoise lakes, red mountains and golden pastures, and alpaca, llamas, and vicunas wondering through the vast wilderness…this trek was unforgettable…”
Niagara Falls in 4K – Amazing Views and Relaxing Piano Music – 4k UHD TV Screensaver
Niagara Falls. Enjoy the Soothing and Relaxing views of the Niagara Falls in Beautiful 4K UHD. USA and Canada Fall Views. Relax with waterfall ambiance sounds and instrumental piano music. Helps Relax & Fall Asleep FAST! 2 hours long. Great for relaxation, sleep, meditation, yoga, study, chill, etc…
I hope viewers enjoyed this small sampling of what is out there. Might inspire you to check out other HD Drone-flights available on YouTube? Whether you want to simply RELAX or view nature’s wonders, here was best collection I could find. Thanks for watching<
Email Tray Caladan with questions/comments: email@example.com.
His 11th book [‘Beyond Barronsland’] should be published in a few months.