Claimed properties of ORMUS
Chemically, ORMUS is supposed to be precious metals (gold, platinum, iridium, etc.) in an exotic state of matter, where the metals do not form any bonds or crystals but exist as separate single atoms. At the same time, it is supposedly the material that the soul (or the life force) of all organisms is made of, an “essence of life”. When mixed with water, “it forms a gelatinous suspension that looks just like semen.”
Here’s a selection of what ORMUS can supposedly do:
- Cure all forms of disease, including cancer and AIDS
- Correct errors in the DNA
- Act as a superconductor
- Emit gamma radiation
- Partially levitate in the Earth’s magnetic field
- Read a person’s mind
- Have a “weigh-ability” different from mass, which probably means an inertial mass different from the gravitational mass
- Be fused into a transparent glass
- Act as a flash powder, causing “explosions of light”
- Make severed cat tails grow back
Hudson reportedly spent “over five million dollars” to obtain his samples of ORMUS. He also claims that ORMUS was a subject of research in several national laboratories in the U.S. In 1989, he managed to get a British patent on his invention, which ran out in 1993.
Non-exhaustive list of errors
Despite being surprisingly literate in scientific jargon, Hudson is definitely not a scientist. Most of the time, he is babbling incoherently and not even wrong or teaching a disfigured version of a high school chemistry curriculum. At the few times when he does get coherent, there are glaring mistakes. Here are some of them:
- He refers to legitimate scientific publications in the field of nuclear chemistry about deformed and superdeformed nuclei, without realizing that these papers talk about excited nuclear states which can only be observed in particle accelerators at extremely short timescales. Separating any macroscopic amount of them is impossible, because they completely decay within microseconds from their formation.
- He claims that gold forms a free, uncomplexed hydride — a chemical impossibility; that HAu is different from AuH — even though the order of elements in a summary formula is only customary and does not contain any chemical information; and that chloroauric acid HAuCl4 can be directly reduced to gold hydride — also an impossibility.
- He says that gold is similar to alkali metals in that it has one electron on the s subshell of the outermost electron shell and because of this “wants to go to two electrons or it wants no electrons”, and therefore regular metallic gold is “diatomic” with the formula Au2, with an ionic bond between the atoms. This shows a complete lack of understanding of the nature of chemical bonding in metals. If his theory was true, gold would have a much lower melting temperature and would not be malleable or ductile.
- He believes that aqueous solutions of salts of precious metals, such as rhodium(III) chloride RhCl3, contain clusters of Rh15Cl45, Rh13Cl39 etc. Chemistry says those solutions contain chloride ions Cl– and various complexes of rhodium ions, including RhCl3(H2O)3, [RhCl2(H2O)4]+ and [RhCl(H2O)5]2+. Additionally, he believes that dissolving gold in aqua regia yields gold chloride in the form of clusters like Au12Cl36. Actual chemistry says that gold in the resulting solution exists in the form of tetrachloroaurate, AuCl4–, which does not form any clusters.
- Hudson’s UK patent for his “discovery” presents IR spectra as evidence of “electron pairing within the atom”. Aside from the concept being absurd, he uses the wrong spectra, as infrared wavelengths correspond to the energy of chemical bond vibrations (i.e., electron pairings between atoms). Electron shell changes would be visible in the UV or visible spectrum.
- He repeatedly says that “there is 1018 ergs in one gauss”. Ergs and gausses are units of different quantities. Erg is a unit of energy equal to 100 nanojoules, while gauss is a unit of magnetic flux density equal to 100 microteslas. As such, the statement makes absolutely no sense. He also mentions that the Earth’s magnetic field is “several gauss”, whereas in fact it is less than 1 gauss.
- He apparently postulates the existence of materials with different inertial and gravitational masses, such as materials that fall to the Earth slowly, but are hard to push around. This is ruled out by Einstein’s theory of general relativity.
- He claims that yttrium barium copper oxide (YBCO), the first discovered high-temperature superconductor, is superconducting because copper contained in it “goes into a high spin state”, a physical impossibility. Chemical bonds have energies of a few electron volts, while high spin nuclear states have energies of at least hundreds of kiloelectronvolts.
- He states that “superconductors are in your body now”. This could certainly be detected by a SQUID magnetometer, but it is not.
- He postulates that precious metals have important biological functions, and their loss from the body over time is the cause of aging. In reality, precious metals have no biological function.
- He even misspells a lot, in a comical way: cisplatin becomes Sys-Platinum, carboplatin becomes Carbono-Platinum, perovskite becomes Percovite, and Büchner funnel becomes Butiner funnel.
Back to reality
Hudson’s patented procedures definitely do not work, because it would be at odds with the known chemical behavior of gold under those conditions. The result is a worthless salt that has none of the claimed properties. Since gold is expensive, the used chemicals are corrosive and the fumes released during repeated boiling toxic, attempting those procedures is a good way to waste money and/or injure yourself. The countless alternative procedures of obtaining ORMUS also do not work — a material with superconductive properties occurring abundantly in nature would be very easy to detect, yet no such kind of material is known to modern science.
The concept is highly exploitable by quacks, who sell a wide variety of ORMUS preparations under names such as Cleopatra’s Milk, Liquid Chi, Prime Enzymes, Zenergy, Sola, Mountain Manna, C-Gro, etc. intended for human consumption as well as in agriculture. They definitely do not contain any gold or other precious metals, which is in fact a good thing, because water-soluble forms of precious metals are very toxic. Mountain Manna even combines ORMUS with homeopathy for double laughs.
ORMUS enthusiasts invented countless even more outrageous theories, linking ORMUS to everything: pyramids, dead people’s souls, Bose-Einstein condensate, biblical manna — you name it. The variety of magical powers ascribed to ORMUS was also expanded. As a side note, the notably crazy David Icke thinks highly of the powers of monoatomic gold.
ORMUS and Alchemy
Ormus – originally ORMEs, stands of Orbitally Rearranged Monatomic Elements – is a generic term referring to any suspension of precious metal elements in monatomic form.
Ormus is derived from base, dense material typically containing a mixture of different monatomic elements including Gold, Iridium, Osmium, Palladium, Platinum, Ruthenium, Rhodium, and Silver. It also contains the essential trace elements Calcium and Magnesium.
Monatomic Elements are simply elements which are chemically isolated. Elements that pass from an ordinary to a monatomic state go through a rearrangement of the electronic and nuclear orbits within the atom itself, hence the term Orbitally Rearranged Monatomic Elements. This results in electromagnetic frequency and wave patterns that increase alpha brain wave production through an electromagnetic modality that harmonizes the two hemispheres of the brain. It has also been shown that ORMUS has inherent ‘superconductive’ characteristics, as the atoms are in a ‘high-spin’ state. So when Ormus enters the human body inter-cell communication is quickly increased. When each of the cells is ‘enlivened’ and is communicating with its environs and the rest of the body, balance and heath is more easily and quickly restored. The cells are recharged and rejuvenated.
The effects of Ormus ingestion are many and varied and depend upon a number of factors including one’s general state of health or wellness, age, body type and weight, body chemistry, genetics, diet, and on and on. In general, the two most common effects of taking Ormus are a stilling of the breath – useful in meditation and dream work(lucid dreaming, OBEs, etc.) – and a feeling of increased energy, pep, and giddiness. It can also act as a powerful physical cleansing agent and diuretic if that is what is called for in the body. This effect will stop once the Ormus has rid the body of the undesirable toxins or waste material.
Reported benefits of Ormus consumption. (Not Exhaustive).
- Enhanced mental clarity and focus
- Right/left brain balance
- Positive emotions and greater sense of inner peace
- Enhanced intuition
- Greater insights into self and life situations
- Ability to deal with stressful situations from a higher perspective
- Enhanced and/or lucid dreams
- Accelerated manifesting and serendipity
- Greater creativity
- Deeper meditative & prayer states
- Feelings of expansion & access to higher Universal knowledge
- Improved platform for universal communication
Physically helps with
- intestinal tract to absorb food particles
- nourishment and hydration of body cells
- body cells in generating hydroelectric energy
- rejuvenation of the body cells
- proper communication and regeneration of body cells
- repair damaged tissues
- prevents muscle cramps
- as anti-ageing support
- reduction of grey hair & return of natural colouring
- gives relief from joint pain
- increases electrolytes
- improve vision
- increase level on energy in a person
- promotion of DNA and RNA
- strengthen bones & teeth
- maintain a healthy blood sugar level
- maintain a healthy immune system function
- promote a healthy cellular ph balance
Alchemy is an ancient practice that continues to this day. Ancient cultures known to practice alchemy include the Sumerians, Egyptians, Phoenicians, Chaldeans, Babylonians, early Asian races, Arabians, Grecians, and Romans. For the Egyptians, alchemy was a master science, which they believed was revealed to them through their god Thoth, who was called Hermes Trismegistus by the Greeks. Therefore, alchemy is a Hermetic Art. by Brendan Georgeson
The goal of alchemy is to transform the base or common into the pure or rare. Put another way, alchemy can be considered to be the transmutation of matter into spirit. Alchemists sought the Philosopher’s Stone and the Elixir of Life, which were thought to impart higher spiritual consciousness, cure physical maladies, and confer eternal life. Alchemists believed that there was a hidden and higher order of reality, which constitutes the basis of all spiritual truths and all spirituality. Perceiving and realizing this higher order of reality was the work of alchemists – the Magnum Opus or The Great Work – the Absolute Realization. To perceive this truth requires the consciousness to be radically altered and transmuted from ordinary (lead-like) level of everyday perception to a subtler (gold-like) level of higher perception, so that every object is perceived in its perfect form – The Beauty of All Beauty, the Love of All Love, the Holy of Holies, the Highest High. This is a material and a spiritual realization at once. Alchemists work in three worlds: the spiritual, the elemental, and the material. As above, so below. As below, so above. There are precise correspondences between the visible and invisible, matter and spirit, planets and metals. Alchemists understand this basic truth so that while they are working in their physical lab creating their physical Stones and Elixirs, they are simultaneously working at the subtler levels. The Great Work is realized at the apex of the triangle where the three worlds meet. Quantum physics tells us that matter has particle-like and wave-like properties, and that the subatomic “particles” that make up matter (protons, neutrons, and electrons) are really pure energy. Light also can either be a wave or a stream of particles called photons, packets of pure energy in which the amount of energy is directly proportional to the frequency of the light. New science, then, tells us that all matter, including our physical bodies, consist of forms of light and therefore is pure energy in essence. Matter is light whose frequency has been slowed down and lowered – matter is light of a higher density; matter is light that has become solid. Thus, drawing on the implications of modern physics, we can conclude that human beings are made of light held in matter. We are a light body as well as a material body. The goal of alchemy is to transform the base or common into the pure or rare. Put another way, alchemy can be considered to be the transmutation of matter into spirit. Or matter into light. To transmute matter into light means to raise its vibrational frequency – from a base, mundane state (low frequency, dense, slow matter) to a pure exalted state (high frequency, high energy light). Within the Hermetic Arts, the Light Body is called “the immortal body,” the soma athanaton. So, when alchemists create the Philosopher’s Stone or Elixir of Life in pursuit of spiritual and physical perfection and eternal life, they are creating substances that build up their light body into a strong immortal body. This is where the three worlds meet in exalted spirituality. I continue this Great Work today. I transmute matter of the noble metals and platinum group elements into their exalted light state where they are then used to build up the immortal light body to achieve spiritual and physical perfection. This exalted material is called Ormus and effects achieved include increased spiritual perception and psychic abilities, the balancing of the left and right hemispheres of the brain with experience of the “hu” sound, a higher perception of reality as interconnected and whole, and awakening the kundalini for a full incarnation of higher dimensional forces and energies, thereby strengthening and healing the etheric and physical body.